Monday, June 9, 2008

Giving Up: green doesn't have to suck.

Okay, I'm not giving up on living a greener life. I've been working at this for awhile, and it is my firm belief that the easiest way to live more sustainably is to identify things you don't really need. It can be on a small or a grand scale; everything counts.

Lately I've been on a kick with straws. Unless you're walking around with a drink in a flimsy cup (or drinking a slurpee or milkshake), do you really need that lid & straw? So, I've been trying to use straws less - and stop the server before they can give me one with my water. It's gotten to the point that Rob busts me out when he sees me with one.

So I am working on identifying one consumptive item a week that I can drop. I'm going with one a week rather than one a day, as it gives me time to commit and form new habits.

1 comment:

cibowers said...

I live in Virginia Beach and am really trying to go green too. I have enjoyed reading your post. I am learning everyday to make small changes in the way I live.